Demo Site

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Blunt with Dame Dash

What's good peoples?

Brevner here, live from Manhattan. Yesterday was by far the most inspirational day of my life to date. A good friend of mine, and also an editor for TRACE magazine in new york, brought me by Creative Control's head office / studio. For those of you who aren't up on Creative Control, its basically a media house where they produce a magazine, (America Nu) Music video's, and albums. The godfather spearheading this project is none other than Dame Dash, formerly of Rocafella records. Dame was the mastermind behind Jay-z's career for decades, and is currently the intellect behind such artists as Curren$y, Peter Hadar, and BlakRoc (Jim Jones, The Black Keys, Mos Def, Rza, Ghostface Killah,Wiz Khalifa, etc.) Luckily for me, I was fortunate enough to smoke a blunt with the giant, and have him listen to some of my new Dub-hop infused Jams. After listening to a few and bobbing his head, Dame instantly passed MY headphones over to Curren$y to have a listen. Dame said to me, "do you know who this guy is right here? I just dont pass him anything, believe that." Needless to say, that small simple gesture gave me instant consolidation. I was thinkin' to myself, "Damn, if Dame's givin' me the thumbs up, maybe I really am ready for this music shit." Curren$y liked what he had heard from me, and he gave me his digits to set up a studio session while Im still in New York. I know hes a rediculously busy dude ( something I aspire to be in the next couple years ) so if the session doesn't happen, thats ok. Just getting the thumbs up from some of the biggest names in the business is enough for this young Vancouverite. That was a confidence boost beyond words.

Little did I know, it turns out that it was Dame's birthday. In his office, 30 of his employees were sitting in a circle paying homage to the living legend, and talking about the future of creative control. The whole time I was sitting there taking rediculous amounts of notes, and thinking of ways that I can implement creative controls groundbreaking take on media into the b sharp team. Needless to say, Im sitting on some gem's right now.

Times like this, you can't help but thank the lord for recognizing those with good intentions. Altough I had no monetary gain from this experience, I gained a vast wealth of knowledge in a very short time.

B-1 out

2 comments:

Wonderkeys The Beat Maker said...

Dope shit congrats in advance to your future success homie don't forget about us when you reach the top.....man what I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now

Anonymous said...

and now you went and inspired me...thanks man!

Eazy Rick

Post a Comment

Labels

Labels

Labels